Sunday, May 10, 2009

IAS 2006 Interview Transcripts #1

1. Neha

Eng Lit & History

Haryana


i was on mr. paul roy's board. the board members were very very cordial and accomodating..i was most pleasantly surprised...
the chairperson began by asking me which is the *last book i read? and *two latest economic developments...which brought sensex's fall in to pic and he asked me *what i thought brought about the sudden fall? he further asked me to explain the *repo rate and *the reasons for the inflationary trends
the next board member asked me if i followed any sports? then asked me to *explain the foreign ploicy of india and *what makes india a candidate for permanent seat for UN security council?
*and if we should consider permanent membership without veto?

the next board person asked me * what problems does a common man face while dealing with govt. servants and sarkari babus...* whther it was justifies to grease the palm to get a work done?
he asked me *if i knew who moily was? and what were the recommendations of *the administrative reform committee, and *police reform committee...

the next board member asked me to name *some german literary figures and if i have read faust of goethe? and asked me why i want to switch over to civil services from teaching?

the last board member asked me *if india is justified in spending so much money on having a nuclear programme when millions go foodless and *whats the rationale behind having a space programme...*and how can we call india developed when so many people are below the poverty line??

in the end the chairperson showed me a painting with mother teresa's silhouette drawn and asked me to identify the figure...and asked me if i could guess who the painter was?

No comments:

Post a Comment