Sunday, May 10, 2009

IAS 2008 Interview Transcripts #13

nirbhay sharma board:

chairman:your date of birth?
me: i replied
cm: so u r libran, tell me some qualities of libran?
me: known for creativity, artistic orientation, romanticicm and balance of judgement.
cm: qualities required for being gud administrator?
me: balance of jugement and creativity
cm: name administrator who are librans?
me:APJ abul kalam and Mughal emperor Akabar


then he asked some more question and suddenly the batton was in hands of psychologist[ atleast i think] who was eager to test my creativity. for which he asked me to write 5+5+5=550 on white sheet and wanted me to proove it wid the help of straight line.
then asked me question on psychology[ surprisingly i was blank for the moment on very common questions]

then the same person asked me 5 advantages and disadvantages of media [i was a journalism student]



then appeared member 2: asked me about gandhi and means used by him as journalist for mass communication. apart from this he asked what would be my priority as administrator in sethusamudram issue, shoul india send troops to afganistan. he told me to answer in yes or no and then expalin my cause.


m3: history is subservent to politics explain. asked question on internal emergency. then about the electronic and print media. this included cross questions also

m4:questions were related to ugc, private universities issues in chhattisgarh etc many cross questions on it.


again chairman asked me various question. remebered ones are:

name the field where govt. has least performed but exhibitetd great success.
i replied, self help group, nrega social audit. bihar flood and role of civil society

then he asked whats the area where people said thank god govt. was there to save us. i replied regulation in financial market in context of global economic turndown.

chairman: what is embedded journalism?shoul media completely backout from coverage of terrorist activities?

then interesting thing happened he asked me name fields where private sector has played revolutionary role. i replied IT and nano[ last one brought smile to their face, it just slipped out of sub councious]

some more question followed by my uniform answers of "i don't remember" and " i don't know".


overall i dont know how i performed. i just answered to best of my knowledge and presence of mind of course accompanied by few memory lapses[ for which they said it happens dont worry]


thats all for me.

ALL THE BEST FOR RESULTS

No comments:

Post a Comment