Sunday, May 10, 2009

IAS 2008 Interview Transcripts #22

CSE 2008 Interview @ KK Paul Board...

My interview was on 4t April,AN session..4th candidate to be interviewed around 4:00 PM..

Chairman:

started wid name,DOB,roll no..
As i m frm Comp Sc background...He asked abt fuzzy logic( don't knw)...What is transducer..(replied)..my job profile(replied..i m wid BHEL Bhopal)..which is older..Himalaya or Aravali..how much older. in no of yrs..Northern Tributaries of Ganga..(Named Tista also..wrong answer)..

Then questions on Bhopal gas tragedy..when n how happened..name of gas,name of product(don't knw..chairman told me)..what antodote ppl use 4 it(don't knw)aftermath of disaster..steps taken by GOI..am i satisfied wid the compensation..abt the case n all..

M1:

continued wid Bhopal Gas tragedy only..why case was not fought in India initially..if fought in india thn what wud hav happened n all..what abt the role of NGO n ppl like Medha Patekar..( I replied but he was not fully satisfied)..

then he asked what id BJD n who is its boss?what is LJP..RJD..impact of SP-LJP-RJD combine on results of elections..(replied all)
then he asked...this election is "election w/o idealogies"..what do u think..does idealogies exists in politics..which parties have idealogies..(i replied very generic answers by not taking support if any particular party)..

then he told me 1 famous sentence and asked who said it..I said sorry, i dobn;t knw..then he asked me to interpret it..I interpretted it..(finally he looked satisfied to me)..

M2:

What r the options before President after results of LS elections r out in coalation era..I replied all options like largest party n other pre poll n post poll combinations etc..He asked me criteria 4 it..i said stability at centre..

Then he asked what is Dead Sea..(replied)..why it is said tht v can sit over it n read the newspaper..(sorry sir..don't knw..shud hav replied)..
what is Mariana trench..what is its depth..( isaid 10500 m +)..he told me 11000..
--unable to recall his other questions..

M3:

What is IIPA..Where is it located..What r its functions..(replied)..Do u read its journal..( replied NO)..Name famous personality frm thr..( Sorry Sir, i don't knw..)..Tell me some thinkers frm 50's and 60's( I went blank n then said Herbert Simon)..he told me tht he was in 40's n told me name of few which i have never heard of..

Then he switched to my job..whn was Bhel Bhopal established(replied)..what's its old name(replied)..when it became BHEL(replied wrong..he told me correct answer)..with which country collabration it was set up(I replied right but he said No and gave me his wrong answer)..Product profile..Quality concerns abt product..Bhel is giving profit and bonus since which yr..
then he switched to ERP..discussed abt it benefit..diff ways to implement it.How v r implementing it..what is standard practice 4 it..(replied all)..finally he asked me the share price of BHEL..(replied)...He looked satisfied to me..

M4(was sleeping throught interview till then):

He asked to differentiate b/w Internet and WWW ( World Wide web)..I could not reply it properly...which came first..internet or www(replied)..then he asked if u were born 10000 yrs ago..how wud u come frm Iranto India..I said land route...via Afghanistan Kyber pass..He asked what othe rpasses r the..I said Sorry sir..i don't knw..Then he asked..does Kabul river passes thru khyber pass..I said Sorry sir..i don't knw..

Then Chairman interrupted & said..OK..Abhinav ur interview is over..I said Thank u Sir and came out.. It lasted around 30 mins..

No comments:

Post a Comment