Sunday, May 10, 2009

IAS 2006 Interview Transcripts #12

12. Mukul



Interview 2nd april 2nd half
Chairman (Subir Dutta)

1. Are u associated with Mohan Industries in some way?

2. U belong to Begusarai Dist ……tell me the location of Begusarai

3. Begusarai is known for…

4. From where Barauni refinery gets crude oil…

5. if ur not sure do not tell, because I know…

6. U did 10th in 1992, 12th in 94 B.Tech in 2001, took time to enter REC Warangal, U did 12th from G.D. college, what is G.D.

7. who was ganesh dutt

8. Where is warangal

9. What is Kakatiya…

10. Why three states AP, K’nataka, TN more developed than Northern India

11. After graduation u did job for one year? Where…

12. why u left it?

13. Then u worked in Bokaro steel plant. And than CWC?

14. what u do in CWC?

15. project Appraisal? Mech engineers do project appraisal of Irrigation Projects? How come?

16. It must be coordination work? What has happened to govt. of India UPSC boys are doing post office job?

17. Well, u qualified Engg Service for three years in a row…. Which service u were allotted each time?

18. They discusses …. Upto 7th he has not opted for IPS… all members looked into my biodata ….. but did not ask why?


Member 1
19. First law of thermodynamics?

20. It is also known as?

21. What other things can be conserved?

22. Has any of Newton’s laws of motion to do something with conservation?

23. what is momentum?

24. difference b/w mass and weight?

25. Why at hill stations we feel comfort?

26. How does temperature varies with altitude?

27. At what height temp starts increasing again?

28. tell me the four levels of atm?

29. which comes first tropo or strato? I got confused!!!!

Member 2
30. RECs has been converted into NITs ? are u aware?

31. How many NITs are at present?

32. Why they have been converted into NITs?

33. What is the difference between IITs and NITs?

34. How would you use knowledge of Mech engg in IRS. I answered something!!

35. U tell me specifically yes or no can ME be used in IRS?

36. well, u r in CWC, tell us about ILR

37. Tell me three river links which are feasible according to you? I told one – Mahanadi – Godavari Link and was interrupted

38. well, tell me which point of Mahanadi will u link with which point of Godavari..?

39. If u have to go ahead with ILR project, how would u proceed? I tell about consensus among states….

40. No, No, everything is complete …u have to start project, tell me technically stepwise…how would you proceed?

41. Diary writing is ur hobby? Tell me what is difference between diary writing and essay writing?

42. What is narrative essay? Do not u think that it is much similar to diary writing?

43. What makes a good diary writer?

44. Reading speeches is ur hobby? Tell me three famous speakers n their speeches?

45. Tell me something about speeches of Mahatma Gandhi?


Member 3 (Lady Member)

46. Well, Mukul u have specialization in engg, wide work experiences in a Research Institute, in a PSU, and in CWC as well, what prompted you to prepare for Civil services?

47. China recently did something in Space? What’s that?

48. U r in project appraisal, what are the reasons of cost overruns of the project?


Member 4
49. U r going to visit a site, whom u wud take with u? I told such visits are headed by director level officers?

50. No, no I’m asking which fields of experts u wud like for site investigations? I told 2-3 disciplines?

51. U r not coming to my area? I smiled but cud not come to his area?

52. why tussles are going between political executive and bureaucrats? I said I’m not aware of it?


Member 6 ------ No Questions

Chairman
53. Ur Interview is over….U may leave??


No comments:

Post a Comment