Sunday, May 10, 2009

IAS 2008 Interview Transcripts #10

i got P.K. mishra board

cm: so you have done computer engineering. why u did not took as optional.
me: it is not mentioned in syllabus
cm: but course of computer science and electrical is little bit similar u could have done that?
me: sir still there is big portions which is very differen from cse.
cm: why u did not took physics chemistry or maths?
me: i found them comparatively hard.
chairman smiled.

cm:i give u a sentence ,u have to comment on it.
CONNECTIVITY IS POWER, CONNECTIVITY IS WEALH AND CONNECTIVITY IS PROGRESS.
me: described importance of connectivity between government and public role of technology, benefits for common name and role of transport
cm: u have given very materialistic answer. make it spiritual.

one member smiled and said that link it to god.
me: i said that when u r connected with god through prayers then inner strength give u power and leads towards progress.


member 1: u have done computer from jodhpur so lets travel to ajmer (my hometown) and name towns in way.
me: i named places i knew but i missed one and he gave me hint but i was not able recollect.
member 1: there is one palce in ajmer famous for visitors , related to government even before independence.
me: circuit house
member: right. who was living there before 1947
me: british officers
member 1: be specific
me: {although i knew name of post i was unable to recollect the name}
i said i do not know.
member 1: how MAYO college got his name
me: i told him
member 1: who was mayo
me: i first said governel general and then corrected to viceroy
member 1: make two points against and for revolt of 1857 as indians and british have different view on it.
me: i gave 2 points for each.

then chairman asked second member to proceed but he said NO

so
member 3: which religious place is famous in ajmer
me: khawaja sahab dargah
member 3: tell me its history and how it is famous?
me: i answered that
member 3: tell me other place related to sufism
me: i do not know
member 3:one is nizamuddin . there is another one in rajasthan . so name it.
me: i do not know
member 3:it is fatehpur sikri
chairman : is is in UP u have crossed border.
everybody smiled and member 3 said sorry beta i asked u wrong question.

member 3: fabric of your shirt is good and your tie is also. so tell me name of indian who is famous for tie even in other countries.
me: i said Raymonds
member 3: no name the person. then he asked me name of my tie brand
then told that his name is satyapal.

member 4 : tell me about differences between himalaya and sahyadri.
me: i answered.
member 4: what is difference between south and north indian culture.
me: i said food habits , role of climate and festivals and elaborated
member 4: do we can call india as a country despite havibg different culture and other diversity?
me: yes we can say that it is a country.
member 4: how? give one point.
me: although we have differences over resources, language and other related area but whenever we face problem or threat we have always united with each other as seen in past. it is our unity which is our strength so we r one country .
member 4: what is deccan trap?
me: i answered.

member 4: is indian democracy is a true democracy?
me: yes
member 4: how?
me: everyone in india can vote , chose government and make his decisins himself althiugh we have some problems like low litracy rate and corruption.

then chairman asked me final question. that
comment on this sentence.
"concept of soveregnity is outdated"
me: today all countries coperate on various issues, treaties, terrorism and trade where they allow consensus to prevail over their view sometimes.
chairman: let me put i in this way that it will submit under pressure. so answer yes or NO
me: NO

then he said that ok your interview is over .
i siad thanx and good day.

it was good experience. now i do not know how many marks he will give.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your information, Website is very nice and informative content.

    ias coaching in jodhpur

    ReplyDelete