Sunday, May 10, 2009

IAS 2008 Interview Transcripts #9

I M G Khan's Board

I am with Psychology & Philosophy optionals and MBA Background.

Presently working as Naib Tehsildar (Rajasthan).

For ARC, they asked me the Chairman (Virappa Moily) and then asked about the recommendations (I said 12 reports were made public but I am not able to recall any of recommendations)

Israel Palestine issue (I said that Palestinians are asking for nationhood) Later he asked about the background (I told that in late 40's the Jewish settled in the area and had ousted the Palestinians) they later asked about the wars (Yomkimmpur, 8 days war, golan heights war etc and then I told them that my knowledge in this area is less)

They asked about the water conservation structure with stairs (I said yes, it is call Johad and they are found in Shekhawati region and muttered about the architecture) then Khan sir had asked about Baolis and I still could not get it and said that yes sir but Baolis are smaller and Johads are bigger inn size to which he never commented back (though He had listen to my knowledge on Taankas and even asked me to draw a diagram and even interuppted a member when he started to ask another question).

About the 1971 war (Battle of Longewala) I said that the it may be at Tannot as he framed the question that tell me about the place where decisive battle happened. He rejected the Tannot and hinted me that there is a movie on it (I told J P Dutta's Border yet could reach to to Longewala.

About the water bourne disease i said it infects the foot and known as Pheelpanv but it was naaru (though it also affects the lower limbs)

Now what u Think.

the last question was from chairman who had asked last book (Johnathan Livingston Seagull By Richard Bach) and when I described it he compared the message of it with Jihad (the positive Jihad against weakness) to which I smiled and then he asked me to go.

:( :( :(

No comments:

Post a Comment