Sunday, May 10, 2009

IAS 2006 Interview Transcripts #28

29. Prarabdha R Jaipuriar

Hazaribagh


My interview was on 9th in Mr.Dutta's board.He asked me to explain how my home state was Jharkhand even as I was born in Saharsa(Bihar).On my using the word 'native',he asked how many no.of generations would constitute native.Then he asked why I shifted from Economics(I'm MA in Eco) to Law(doing LL.B).Some other questions which I'm unable to recall right now.

Next member asked about economic reforms,globalisation and inclusive growth.He also asked about precautions that the Central Govt can take before resorting to Article 356 to avoid litigation.Noting my involvement with DebSoc,he asked me to argue for either side on the topic that man is the creator of his own destiny.He asked me whether there was a Nobel Prize in Maths.I said no. any equivalent?I said, "yes,but I'm unable to recall right now."

Next member asked about my hobbies.On non-fiction he asked about specific areas.When I said autobiographies,biographies and history, he asked about history books that i'd read.He then asked about some important event in European history in the year 1848.I was unable to respond to this one.He asked about personalities in history that I liked.He asked me to throw some light on some of those facets of S.C.Bose's life which is not known commonly.On Bhagat Singh, he asked about his ideology and whether we have been able to achieve an India of his dreams.He also asked some questions on Pot Gardening,my other hobby.

Next member,a lady,asked about the difference between history & histories, about establishment history and autobiographies.She asked good number of questions on historiography,so much so that I prefixed one of my replies with the fact that I had never studied it in my college.But thankfully,having read E.H.Carr,I could handle all her questions.Some more questions that I can't recall right now.

Last member asked about procedure of patent,infringment action,attempts to patent Basmati,turmeric etc. Some more questions.Then he confirmed the meaning of my name before I was told that my interview was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment